At Roseacre, we set weekly homework in all key stages. This homework begins in Reception with a weekly Learning Log, a homework book in KS1 and Google Classroom in KS2. The homework set across school consists of a weekly maths activity, spellings and reading.
Our aims for the new homework initiative are:
• To improve the quality and effectiveness of homework tasks.
• To extend learning by linking homework to activities completed in the classroom.
• To make homework something that children can take control of, actively engage with and take pride in to extend their independence of learning.
• To provide opportunities for parents and children to work together to enjoy learning experiences.
• To develop an effective home-school partnership in children’s learning